Best Circular Saw 2017 ~ Complete Buying Guide
Nowadays, carpenters, cabinet makers, lumber and other operators make a variety of fine cuts in their daily tasks with the circular saws. This is because these are not only extraordinarily efficient and effective but also they help you saving your time to achieve your desired quality work. Read our complete “Best Circular Saw” guide below, which will help you get through some ideas about the current market!
These are the electric machines that able to turn on the flat round blade, edged with sharp metal teeth, to make clean cuts on wood, metal, plastic, concrete board, timber and several other materials.
They come with an arbor nut to hold the blade into position while guarding your hand. The good thing about the saw is, you can choose the blade you want to engage, to achieve any cut besides the ease of controlling them conveniently.
Let’s take a look at the reviews below according to their performances,
- Ten Best Circular Saws’ Reviews
- DEWALT DWE575SB 7-1/4-Inch Lightweight Circular Saw with Electric Brake
- DEWALT DCS391B 20-Volt MAX Li-Ion Circular Saw
- Makita 5007MG Magnesium 7-1/4-Inch Circular Saw
- Makita 5007F 7-1/4-Inch Circular Saw
- SKIL 5280-01 15-Amp 7-1/4-Inch Circular Saw with Single Beam Laser Guide
- Skil 5480-01 13 Amp 7-1/4-Inch Circular Saw Kit
- Bosch CS5 120-Volt 7-1/4-Inch Circular Saw
- Bosch Bare-Tool CCS180B 18-Volt Lithium-Ion 6-1/2-Inch Lithium-Ion Circular Saw
- Bosch CSW41 7-1/4-Inch Worm Drive Circular Saw
- SKILSAW SPT77WML-01 15-Amp 7-1/4-Inch Lightweight Worm Drive Circular Saw
- SKILSAW SPT77W-01 15-Amp 7-1/4-Inch Aluminum Worm Drive Circular Saw
- PORTER-CABLE PC15TCS 15 Amp Heavy-Duty Circular Saw
- How to Choose The Best Circular Saw
- The Benefits of Using Best Circular Saw
Ten Best Circular Saws’ Reviews
DEWALT DWE575SB 7-1/4-Inch Lightweight Circular Saw with Electric Brake
This power saw can be confusingly small, but its power surpasses the expectations. This is because it is easily portable at just a standard weight of only 8.8 pounds.
Besides, expect to be thrilled by its intelligent design as one of the lightest and well-balanced saws measuring 7.2 inches in width.
It commands the lead amongst its peers with an electric braking system to stop the trigger quickly when you want to while carrying out fast heavy-duty tasks.
Count on this affordable, durable saw’s ball bearing lower guard to contain dust contamination for smooth retraction while doing the cutting.
Additionally, it comes as one of the incredible models, with an efficiently integrated dust blower to allow you clear it’s sight line while doing the cutting.
As if its features aren’t impressive yet, its high grade stamped aluminum shoe makes it possible for you to achieve a long-lasting and smooth base effortlessly to realize required precise cutting.
The DEWALT DWE575SB 7-1/4-Inch Lightweight Circular Saw has been designed with a patented tough cord protection system, able to provide you 3x durability against cord pull-out.
Unlike regular models, this one excitingly embraces an advanced lower guard to help you go for bevel cuts with ease.
You will find it strain-free when it comes to its storage and very convenient when changing its blades, courtesy of its onboard blade wrench and solid carrying case also for extra physical protection.
If you want to go for an affordable and long lasting circular saw, definitely count on this model to not only deliver to your expectations but also be portable for easy handling and carrying.
- Delivers more power for the demanding tasks at hand on a 1,950 Max Watts Out (MWO) and 5,100 revolutions per minute (RPM)
- Has integrated dust blower to clean user’s line of sight for smart cutting and high-quality gears.
- Embraces smooth cutting and repetitive fast cutting for enhanced performance
- Features a 57-degree bevel capacity with 22.5 and 45-degree detents
- Boasts 2 9/16-inch depth of cut capacity best for a variety of applications
- Tough and durable with ergonomic handles and trigger actuation for comfortable and balanced cutting
- Electric brake for the safe stopping of the blade in 2 – 3 seconds from trigger release time
- Not a cordless saw
DEWALT DCS391B 20-Volt MAX Li-Ion Circular Saw
No saw delivers more on its features than its price like the cordless power DEWALT DCS391B 20-Volt MAX Li-Ion, a notable credit given to its top-class performance and reliability for tough jobs.
It is not only durable saw but also powerful to work as you would anticipate, thanks to its powerful 460 MWO, 5250 RPM motor that delivers more with less effort, than any other competitor brands on the same level.
Additionally, be awed by its high strength and lightweight magnesium shoe that moves fast to provide you with long-lasting effect with many accurate cuts in the shortest time.
The handle comes with an optimized rubber over-molded to ensure you have a grip that is comfortable, balanced and easy to control.
The reason why this saw remains a favorite amongst many fervent, it is because it embraces an aggressive bevel, able to help you realize multitude cuts for diverse applications of your choice.
It is credited to remarkable 6-1/2″ carbide tipped blade, that will enable you to enjoy doing the cutting of a 2x material at 90-degree and 45-degree plus more cuts per charge.
Interested to know its speed? Well, a lot of detail has been taken care of to provide for you a load speed of 5250 RPM, complimented by a superior arbor size of a fine 5/8″ for your hand safety.
- Comes with durable carbide tipped blade
- Powerful 460 MWO, 5,150 RPM
- Easy to cut through any material
- Strong but lightweight magnesium shoe for accurate cuts
- Embraces aggressive bevel cuts for multitude applications
- Has optimized comfortable rubber gripping for perfect balance and control
- Doesn’t come with a charger and battery
Makita 5007MG Magnesium 7-1/4-Inch Circular Saw
If you haven’t used the Makita 5007MG Magnesium 7-1/4-Inch, then you definitely can’t wait to experience its ease of handling, accurate cuts, and inspiring safety design.
Do you like paying attention to the portability of your buzz saw for less fatigue while working? Find this incredible design with lightweight components, well balanced and ready to take on tough jobs.
Primarily centered on its super powerful 15A motoring, the saw goes an extra mile in cutting through even the densest lumber you can think of.
This is I confidently refer to the saw as one of the modern smartly designed models that come with a large cutting and bevel capacity, with stops at 22.5 and 45 for enhanced line of cut and boosted accuracy.
In case you find yourself in the dark, depending on its built-in LED light and dust blower to help you reading its numbers and ruler markings on the base.
It has a depth guide to make it easy for you to measure and precisely trail cuts effortlessly. Amazingly, its power cord will remarkably withstand any of the job abuse thrown at it with ease.
I get concerned with a saw’s blade. Are you the type too? Well, for you, this saw will come with a blade wrench attached, for your fast and convenient blade changing that is stress-free.
Whether you are a roofer, framer, carpenter, plumber, engineer, ignite your passion with the Makita 5007MG Magnesium 7-1/4-Inch and thanks to its user-friendly interface.
More than it’s worth, it comes with a blade wrench, rips fence and carbide tipped blade and a plastic case for safe storage for it to last you in the long run.
- Comes with a powerful 15-AMP motor and long lasting magnesium components
- Balances remarkably weight, longevity, power, and ease of use
- Has efficient large cutting capacity with positive stops at 22.5°, 45° and 56°
- Built-in L.E.D light and dust blower for enhanced line of cut
- Embraces a load speed of 5,800 RPM
- Ergonomic long lasting design
- Easy to use
- Carries a one year warranty
- Doesn’t come with an electric brake
Makita 5007F 7-1/4-Inch Circular Saw
Measuring 14 x 10 x 11 inches, this 11.1 pound saw moves fast to provide you an outstanding ease-of-use and pro-user features for the most effortless task handling.
Are you in need of a saw that strides the extra mile in versatility? Then you all have in one Makita 5007F 7-1/4-Inch Circular saw courtesy of its portability and power.
It is light in weight for your ease of portability striking an intelligent balance to last you longer on the job site.
It has transformed its cutting tradition with the capability to use its 15 AMP motor powers complimented by its 5,800 RPM for a reliable cutting.
For further enhanced cuts, the saw is a perfect match to demand of narrow cuts. Its lower guard design has been emphasized for user improved performance experience.
Find a built-in LED lighting system useful in illuminating your line of cut as you seek increased accuracy on your job site. The saw is famous for its superior handling system for your safety.
- Built-in dust blower for a clear line of cut and accuracy
- Has heavy gauge aluminum wraparound for enhanced durability and straight cuts
- Comes with larger and easy-to-read markings on its depth and bevel scales
- Bevel cuts 00-45° for the most common angles
- Centrifugal fan and baffle system suited for efficient cooling of the motor
- Flat motor housing design provides stability when changing blades
- Well-positioned shaft lock for effortless blade placement
- AC/DC switch for alternative power sourcing
- Durable body construction
- Doesn’t come with a Makita original casing
SKIL 5280-01 15-Amp 7-1/4-Inch Circular Saw with Single Beam Laser Guide
With a powerful motoring, advanced features, and detailed performance, this tool could be one of your choices.
If you are interested in a buzz saw with a 15 AMP motor to cut your materials quickly, you can confidently count on the SKIL 5280-01 15-Amp 7-1/4-Inch Circular Saw.
It boasts a single-beam laser guide that makes cutting embrace precision as you depend on its superbly designed integrated dust blower to keep your line of cut saw dust-free.
Just when you thought the saw is done with fine cuts, you expect a 51-degree bevel, a positive stop at 45-degrees for diverse cut options with easy blade changing and the credit goes to the spindle lock and on-tool wrench.
Do you love lightweight designs? How about you try this model? It tops in 15% reduction amongst its peers for minimized chances of experiencing fatigue during long tasks.
- Comes with a single beam laser for precise cuts
- Has a carrying bag for easy portability and storage
- Delivers 51-degree bevel with a positive stop at 45-degree, enhancing the cut accuracy
- A long-lasting body design
- Not an auto on switch
Skil 5480-01 13 Amp 7-1/4-Inch Circular Saw Kit
Facing heavy tasks and you have no idea which instrument to handle the job? How about the Skil 5480-01 13 Amp 7-1/4-Inch Circular Saw Kit? It is simple to use and delivers on prospects.
For those keen on a lighter model, the 5480-01 7-1/4-Inch not only provides on this but also remains the best portable and compact one you would find in the market.
Expect more powering from this saw’s motor to help you realize fast cuts, precise to detail.
If you like enjoying user-friendly features, its two-point line of sight plus wider ensures stability as you work on your cuts.
This tool has boasted remarkable performance for over 80 years among fanatics.
Furthermore, you won’t be disappointed by the saw’s ability to cut straight lines with ease, courtesy of its modern craft of a 2-point line of sight for clearer visibility.
- Comes with safety lock and guarded trigger to minimize accidents
- Patented anti-snag lower guard for smooth operation
- Rear lever depth adjustment for fast and accurate cut depth material
- Durable ball-bearing motor design
- Comes with 18-tooth carbide blade for handling more tasks
- Not great to use with 220V
Bosch CS5 120-Volt 7-1/4-Inch Circular Saw
Powered by a 15 AMP uniquely dedicated motor, expect its left-blade design to leave your final finishes with some of the clearest lines of cutting loveable to those keen on perfection.
Go bold with its anti-snag lower guard than any regular brand out there, to enable you to make fine cuts without necessarily the need to advance its guard especially when negotiating bevel cuts.
The Bosch CS5 120-Volt 7-1/4-Inch Circular Saw is the right one for you for its long-lasting body construction.
Get thrilled by this saw’s exceptionally advanced spindle lock that will enable you to experience some of the fastest and effortless capability of changing your blades without losing the gripping.
- Comes with quality on-tool wrench storage
- Boasts 56-degree bevel capacity
- Clear viewing zone of your cut line
- Commands a 6,200 no load RPM
- Boosted accurate cutting through a plywood and many other dense materials
- Made of strong aluminum upper and lower guard
- Doesn’t have a safety toggle switch
- Not a great choice for commercial use
Bosch Bare-Tool CCS180B 18-Volt Lithium-Ion 6-1/2-Inch Lithium-Ion Circular Saw
Could you be a lumber focused on a professional circular saw tailored to the latest technological design to help you accomplish more tasks within a short time? Then you all have it in this saw.
Priding itself in a lightweight 6.6 lbs. The Bosch Bare-Tool CCS180B 18-Volt Lithium-Ion 6-1/2-Inch Lithium-Ion comes with intense powering of your wood and decking.
Have more fun with its 50-degree bevel and an anti-snag guard making it easier for you to do the cutting.
You will find it not only easy to read its depth gauge for more informed job execution but also it is such incredible option for those with an eye for cuttings especially on challenging areas.
If you are a remodeler, carpenter, roofer and any other engineer in the field, have a more passionate experience to cutting with this saw’s 6-1/2-Inch Blade acquaint with easy adjustment.
- Boasts a powerful no load RPM of 3,900
- Molded with a strong arbor size of 5/8-Inch
- Portable at 6.6 lbs. for great portability
- User-friendly depth adjustment
- Suited for professional cuts
- Improved spindle lock for easy blade changing
- Comes with an electronic brake to stop the blade fast less downtime between repeated cuts
- Durable body construction
- Not a brushless model
Bosch CSW41 7-1/4-Inch Worm Drive Circular Saw
Are you a farmer or in any other professional with an eye for a lightweight tool that comes with strength and stability in handling? Then you can never be wrong to use the Bosch CSW41 7-1/4-Inch Circular Saw.
Able to run on a powerful 15 AMP motor, this 13.2 pound saw never disappoints for its onboard multi-function wrench that will help you realize changing of blades, brushes, and oil while cutting.
Find this tool un-matched to many standard models in the market given its sturdy magnesium housing and die-cast magnesium footplate for strong and reliable use in your tasks.
Depend on its 5-ball bearing to provide you with a more stable saw able to last you long.
Expect to do more courtesy of portability than reduces fatigue with enhanced soft gripping on its main handle. Furthermore, this will help you experience more comfort and control in its use.
Do your concrete forming, deck building, framing, bridge construction and so much more with this inexpensive circular saw that suited for many various applications.
- Bevel capacity of up to 53-degrees and positive stop at 45-degrees to access metal depth easily
- Quick modifications using its bevel adjustment
- Onboard multi-function wrench for convenient changing of blades, oil, brushes and much more
- Has advanced oil lubrication system for long-term use
- The saw has a hook for convenient storage between cuts
- It doesn’t have an electric brake
SKILSAW SPT77WML-01 15-Amp 7-1/4-Inch Lightweight Worm Drive Circular Saw
I love the fact that when you are using this light saw 11.6 lbs.; you will find it not only portable for long engaging tasks but also an impressive choice for accurate cuts.
The SKILSAW SPT77WML-01 15-Amp 7-1/4-Inch Lightweight Worm Drive has been designed for powerful gearing through some of your likely difficult cuts.
This is in part credited to enhanced torque and a 15 AMP dual-filed motor that is powerful than any regular brands out there for the longest use you can count on.
Anticipate being left more passionate to accomplish a lot more during your framing, ceiling works, decking, thanks to this circular saw perfected for your soft, hard and engineering jobs.
This is one of the amazing saws that strike a perfect balance between quality and ease of use at an affordable cost worth the durability it brings to you.
- Has an on-toll multi-function wrench for a quick and easy blade, brush and oil changing.
- Features cut ready quick depth adjustment.
- Boasts a no-load RPM of 5,300.
- Embraces the truest cuts on a 15 AMP powerful motor.
- Comes in a lightweight magnesium construction that reduces fatigue for less downtime.
- The power cord isn’t removable.
SKILSAW SPT77W-01 15-Amp 7-1/4-Inch Aluminum Worm Drive Circular Saw
Most professional enthusiasts will find this circular saw a great choice for stairwells, siding, heavy wood framing tasks and concrete forming among other tasks.
This is because the saw is a 14.2-pound portable and outstanding aluminum body construction able to face the rough cutting while powered by its impressive 15 AMP dual-field motor.
Never forget for all your applications at hand, count on this job site workhorse to boost the torque of its worm drive with a smartly achieved balance for enhanced stability as you handle its fine grip.
Unlike regular saws, this model stays ahead of the pack as a 7-1/4 inch with a dedicated max capacity of 2-3/8 inch at 90° plus a maximum 51° bevel capacity for clean cuts.
Change the blades of this on-tool multi-function wrench more conveniently including its brushes and oil maintenance, in a unique user-friendly way to keep your saw running smoothly for long.
- Brings you cut ready depth adjustment level for effortless and fast adjustments.
- Has anti-snag lower guard able to protect the blade while not in use.
- Doesn’t snag while you cutting thinner materials.
- The motor keeps the saw cool enough during use.
- Tops with a no-load RPM of 5,300.
- Portable for minimized user fatigue in less downtime.
- Comes with a 51° bevel for wider varieties of cuts.
- Doesn’t come with a carrying case.
PORTER-CABLE PC15TCS 15 Amp Heavy-Duty Circular Saw
Tired of moving from one lackluster saw to another? As a passionate professional with your job, go for the bold and the powerful PORTER-CABLE PC15TCS 15 Amp.
This is because you will depend on this heavy-duty 15 AMP motor to unleash a reliable torque through some of your challenging applications with more resilience than the rest.
You will further enjoy handling this saw since it only weighs 11.3 lbs. lightweight enough to help you experience less fatigue for startling more output, thanks to its 45-degree bevel capacity.
Unlike its peers in the market, it is well optimized on its line of sight for clearer visibility to help you realize fast, precise cuts.
You can never go wrong if you use this saw’s spindle lock feature, intelligently crafted for single wrench bit changing. Additionally, its kerfs cut indicator aligns the blade in place for more accuracy.
- Bring you Superior 15 AMP motor power.
- On load speed of 5,600.
- Lightweight at 11.3 lbs. to minimize fatigue.
- Embraces 45-degree bevel capacity.
- Spindle lock for single wrench bit changes.
- Doesn’t come with a carrying bag.
How to Choose The Best Circular Saw
A qualified perfect buzz saw needs to provide you stable power as it goes through almost any material. I suggest you don’t necessarily judge your saw based on primarily its motor ratings but also its additional features and how they engage your tasks at hand. Pay attention to these tips for the best one.
Expect to come across various sizes of saws, opt for bigger sized saws with a higher horsepower than other models of similar size.
This will ensure you have one that has fewer chances to bind when under load.
Imagine having a saw with a poorly designed blade. Make sure whichever model suits your preference from these top models, comes with enough safety features like a safety switch for holding before depressing the trigger.
It is important your saw comes with blade guard able to move effortlessly when you are pushing that through the wood or any other material. Nevertheless, don’t forget spring back should be in place when it is stirring away from the stock.
I suggest you read and understand safety guidelines before using any circular saw. Your safety is that prime.
Adjustments Of The Saw
Ensure it comes with easy-to-use controls to help you adjust, wherever there is a need, the depth of the cut. Ensure these controls are easy for you to adjust at the same time effortless to tighten into place your tool’s angle or depth.
- Ensure your circular saw is of good quality with anti-locking clutch for blade slipping especially when the blade binds to the stock to protect the motor, and it’s drive system to last long.
- You will be a step ahead if your saw has a blade lock to enable you to lock the drive spindle into position, especially when you are changing its blades.
- Check whether your powering system is effective to handle even tougher tasks. You can opt for either A.C powered motors, battery-powered saws and whether you need a cordless model or not.
- Check on suitable sidewinder, shoe style and trim saw options depending task at hand.
- Should be easy to make adjustments.
The Benefits of Using Best Circular Saw
- They can cut sheet when used on a straight edge more accurately.
- They are easy to use when handled properly for finer cuts.
- Able to cut curved shapes.
Choose your best circular saw carefully and pay attention to its safety features that suit your taste because those can be dangerous if not handled correctly.
Ensure you wear safety goggles and glasses when using one. Confirm you have the safety manual and you utilize it for more informed usage. You can never go wrong with any of these top-class performance-based saws. They are simply splendid and will incredibly transform your experience for the better.