The 10 Best Cordless Circular Saw
People all around the world are running towards safety nowadays. When laying down those beautiful wooden floors, you come in contact with a variety of unsafe tools.
So, why are you here?
Looking for the best cordless circular saw to add to your safety toolbox mission. You can agree with me that anything cordless is just easy to use.
What Is A Cordless Saw?
Running projects smoothly is not possible today without a great cordless circular saw.
For instance, if you are a father and you would love to make a lovely little study desk for your little son, and he insists on working with you.
Yes, he wants to inherit daddy’s tremendous skills. You may also like to pass down the skills to him as early as possible.
This way, you will need a cordless buzz saw to use so that it may be safe for your little boy when working together. But, there is one problem. Finding the top portable one is tricky.
- What Is A Cordless Saw?
- Ten Best Cordless Circular Saw in 2020 Reviews
- 1. DEWALT Bare-Tool DC390B 6-1/2-Inch 18-Volt Cordless Circular Saw
- Check Price on Amazon
- 2. Dewalt DCS391B 20-Volt MAX Li-Ion Circular Saw
- 3. Black and Decker BDCCS20B 20-Volt Max Lithium-Ion Circular Saw Bare Tool, 5.5-Inch
- 4. Black and Decker BDCD220CS 20-Volt MAX lithium-ion drill/ Driver and Circular Saw Kit
- 5. Ryobi P506 One+ 18-volt Lithium-ion 5 1/2 in. cordless circular saw with laser
- 6. Porter-Cable PCC660B 20V max Lithium Bare 6 1/2 inch Circular Saw
- 7. Makita XSS02Z 18V LXT lithium-ion cordless circular saw
- 8. Makita XSS03Z 18V LXT lithium-ion cordless 5-3/8 inch circular trim saw
- 9. Milwaukee 2731-20 M18 Fuel 7-1/4″ Circular Saw Bare
- 10. Milwaukee 0730-22 V28 Lithium-Ion 6-1/2-Inch Cordless Circular Saw
- How To Choose A Cordless Circular Saw?
- Benefits Of Using The Portable Circular Saws
Ten Best Cordless Circular Saw in 2020 Reviews
After researching online and spending time in stores testing sampled cordless circular saws, here is a list you can take a look at:
1. DEWALT Bare-Tool DC390B 6-1/2-Inch 18-Volt Cordless Circular Saw
The Dewalt Bare Tool is the real definition of convenience. From my research and many others done by other people, it holds the first position on the best-selling cordless tools available on the market today.
In its package, you will find one carbide tipped blade, one blade wrench, and an instructions manual.
When it comes to performance, the Dewalt Bare Tool Cordless Circular Saw has a capacity of cutting deeper and faster. It has a six and a half inch blade that cuts sharply at 90 degrees two times more than any other common blade.
This buzz saw also features a high strength magnesium shoe. The upper guard that comes along with shoes both work together to allow using the saw for a very long time. The motor has a fan for cooling so that when you work, and it heats up, the fun regulates the temperature succinctly.
There are also replaceable brushes, which will give you maximum power and the toughness you require to use the tool. The rubber grip added on the handle of this saw has a fundamental purpose. It is designed to dampen the vibrations created when you cut to keep you comfortable.
- The performance of the blade is impressive
- The saw comes packaged nicely and ready for use
- The circular saw has a powerful motor
- It has increased durability
- The brushes added are replaceable.
- The one doesn’t include batteries or charger.
2. Dewalt DCS391B 20-Volt MAX Li-Ion Circular Saw
The Dewalt Cordless is not like any other saw you have used before. It is a great cutting tool, and it could be one of the best-selling products on the market.
Many companies while making tools they just don’t consider the outward appearance of the tool. You can also agree with me that, how a tool looks also makes you enjoy working.
If you are looking for such tool with the whole satisfaction, this could be the one.
This one has a powerful motor that delivers so much power and speed to allow you to make the most of your demanding cuts effortlessly. Besides, the saw has a high strength to last longer than you expect.
It also has a lightweight magnesium shoe that will give you the total job site durability you require to finish your project.
When it comes to the bevel capacity, you won’t have a hard time bevel cutting that is accurate for the multiple tasks you intend to subject it to.
The comfort of the handle is excellent as it has an optimized rubber over-mold.
The cozy handle will also give you the best time controlling and balancing the saw.
- The Dewalt Cordless Circular Circle has a long and strong blade
- The saw performs exemplary, yet it preserves the battery life.
- It cuts two times more than an ordinary saw.
- The saw has been upgraded to maintain sharpness
- You can use the saw for a very long time.
- It is quite expensive
3. Black and Decker BDCCS20B 20-Volt Max Lithium-Ion Circular Saw Bare Tool, 5.5-Inch
Most of the loyal users of Black and Decker know that this brand is at its best in making awesome tools. That is why they have an enhanced Black and Decker Bare Tool.
This tool features 310 in-lbs. of torque that will provide you with improved performance. The gearbox has double speed gear that guarantees you increased versatility. You will also have an easy time working in less lit areas or at night because the Black and Decker Bare Tool comes with a led torch.
The Black and Decker Bare Tool has a well-incorporated tool-free depth of cut, and it’s super easy to use. Do you know you can adjust the bevel which will allow you to cut accurate and angled to the point?
With the five and a half inch blade, working will be easy and quick.
The blade will give smooth and precise cutting which is usually ideal for your demanding jobs. It also is a good looking portable saw which will inspire to work smart every day.
The compact design is so comfortable to use. You will be able to use this Black and Decker Saw Bare Tool along with the brand’s tax system.
- High torque motor
- Allows easy depth adjustments
- Comfortable frame
- The circular tool is highly durable
- Its performance is remarkable
- You’ll have to buy it’s charger and battery separately
4. Black and Decker BDCD220CS 20-Volt MAX lithium-ion drill/ Driver and Circular Saw Kit
The Black and Decker BDCD220CS is primarily designed for those looking for the ultimate one that does offer an unbeatable experience. So, if you are a pro at your job and you need a qualified buzz saw that reflects the level of your expertise then, you may get the Black and Decker BDCD220CS.
This kit features a drill that can deliver 310 in-lbs torque power. Similarly, the saw kit comes with a versatility enhancing two-speed gearbox that will enable you to precisely cut with little effort. When you need to work in a poorly lit area or at night, no need to fumble because this kit has an LED work light to save from just that. Get rid of the bulky saws and embrace this one. You need to live longer and stronger to tell the story of your magnificent skills.
The Black and Decker BDCD220CS is very light in weight to ease your work. The motor is also powerful and it can handle even the craziest workload that may be waiting for you and still do more. Its blade is so sharp. Surprisingly, its battery can last for 18 months once charged. You didn’t see that coming.
- Highly powerful motor
- The blade is superbly sharp
- It makes keep and sharp cut
- The battery life lasts extremely longer
- It has increased versatility
- It is quite expensive
5. Ryobi P506 One+ 18-volt Lithium-ion 5 1/2 in. cordless circular saw with laser
The next up on the list of the portable saws is the Ryobi P506 One+ cordless. Ryobi has a long-term reputation for making some of the best tools for construction, and the P506 one plus is here to prove just that. This tool is constructed for the experienced users who are seeking power alongside advanced features.
It features a 15 – Amp motor that has the energy and power to perform much better and quicker just the way you want. If you are cutting lumber and sheet goods for space adding projects like constructing a deck, I guarantee you this is the tool for that job.
What makes the Ryobi P506 One+ stand out from the rest, is the fact that it has one beam laser that is added to guide you as you cut, enhancing accuracy. Besides, it has a dust blower that keeps your cutting path clear and sawdust free. With the 51 degrees bevel, along with a positive 45 degrees stop, you get to enjoy a variety of cut options. At least you will not have to be restricted as the blade can be changed with spindle lock and locked with the on-tool wrench just at its side.
- Ryobi P506 One+ has a very powerful motor
- It can deliver unbeatable cutting options
- The pivots added are very strong
- This is tough and durable
- It also has a comfortable grip
- It is quite expensive
6. Porter-Cable PCC660B 20V max Lithium Bare 6 1/2 inch Circular Saw
The Porter-Cable PCC660B 20V max Lithium Bare 6 1/2 inch Circular Saw is the best budget-friendly tool. It’s just perfect for who loves doing small projects at home as well as create something with friends.
Thanks to the fact that cordless circular saw has a top performing motor that delivers an impressive accumulation of 4000 rpms for excellence in cutting. The tough carbide tooth blade accessorized can withstand any tough and long time cutting, and it will help you to handle a variety of cutting applications that you may encounter.
With the strong bevel pivot, you will not only enjoy comfortable working conditions but be safe and accurate.
Moving on to the handle of this tempting tool, you will realize that it has a contoured over the folded handle that has been optimized to ensure your top-notch comfort. Besides, the tool offers effortless working because it’s light in weight meaning no more tiring moments and it is easy to handle with its beautiful compact design.
- It is easy to use
- Has a tough pivot base
- Works excellently
- It is lightweight and portable
- You get to enjoy using it over for a couple of years.
- The blade is integrated hence does not provide fine cuts
7. Makita XSS02Z 18V LXT lithium-ion cordless circular saw
Makita XSS02Z is among the most famous and liked cordless portable saws out there. If you prefer a heavy-duty saw that can handle heavy work over a light or medium duty, then this is the one for you. It has quite a handful of impressive features that if it’s your first time using this tool, you will love it.
First of all, it weighs only 7.3 lbs. The battery will give you an easy time moving and working with it for long hours.
The blue and black saw has a two and quarter maximum cutting capacity. The built-in motor can deliver 3700 RPM that will allow you to work faster and rip through the woods and timber smoothly.
The heavy gauge machine comes with a tough base and a rubber coated handle all with the aim of making your working experience much better. The 50-degree bevel pivot, any angle you wish to explore will come true, and with added durability, you will thank me later.
- Heavy gauge and tough motor
- Works quietly
- The handles are comfortable and skin friendly
- The Makita XSS02Z is affordable and easy to use
- The blade has cover to protect you from harm when not in use
- The Makita XSS02Z has a Low Battery life
8. Makita XSS03Z 18V LXT lithium-ion cordless 5-3/8 inch circular trim saw
This time Makita came up with amazing features for perfectionists. Though it is so much similar to Makita XSS02Z, there are still minor differences. It weighs 1.3 pounds less than the Makita XSS02Z making it easier and way convenient to use.
The built-in motor produces more power yet reserving its battery life. For faster cutting and quicker way of ripping through wood, this is the best portable saw for that because it can deliver 3600 RPM. One thing that makes the Makita XSS03Z different from Makita XSS02Z is the fact that it comes with a dust blower which will allow you to cut wood in a straight line.
The Makita XSS03Z is also marked and has an adjustable pivot to allow you to adjust the blade and cut wood at different angles just the way you want with high accuracy in place.
- It has been modified with modern technology
- The frame compact and easy to use
- The blade is crafted from tough steel that is extremely durable
- The heavy duty gauge is strong and cuts smoothly
- It’s cordless
- It has a shorter battery life.
9. Milwaukee 2731-20 M18 Fuel 7-1/4″ Circular Saw Bare
Milwaukee 2731-20 is among the most famous and liked cordless buzz saws out there. If you prefer a light duty saw that could handle heavy work to light or medium duty, then this is the one for you. It has quite a handful of impressive features that if it’s your first time using this tool, you will love it.
The saw is lightweight for extended convenience. The battery will give you an easy time moving, and work with it for long hours.
The blue and black saw has a two and quarter maximum cutting capacity. The built-in motor can deliver more power that will allow you to work faster and rip through the woods and timber smoothly.
The bevel pivot will allow you to cut any angle you wish to explore and with added durability, you will thank me later.
- The cordless saw is highly durable
- Cut closely and smoothly
- It’s light in weight and portable
- It is easy to use this saw
- It has an extended battery life
- It’s noisy when working
10. Milwaukee 0730-22 V28 Lithium-Ion 6-1/2-Inch Cordless Circular Saw
Lastly, another portable saw from Milwaukee; the 0730-22 is finally here. It doesn’t matter that the project is big or small; this saw will serve you at its best. I know there are times you need to use a bigger or a smaller buzz saw for a big or a small project respectively. But with the Milwaukee 0730-22, you don’t need to be choosy.
The red and black saw is an amazing cordless saw. All it requires to perform its magic is a 28-volt lithium ion battery. Besides, it reserves more power by moderating its use. The ratio of the torque power it produces and the energy it reserves is unbelievably impressive.
The woodcutting saw has greater power and resilience to cut faster and be accurate too. Besides, it is light in weight hence it is super portable and easy to use. With the high-strength aircraft aluminum shoe, which won’t bend, hence maintain high definition accuracy. You can depend on this saw for a very long time.
- It is easy to use.
- It is durable
- This tool utilizes the revolutionized technology of 28-volt lithium-ion
- It has a fast electric brake for improved productivity
- Comfortable handle.
- It has a shorter battery life
How To Choose A Cordless Circular Saw?
apart from the list above, there are thousands of cordless circular saws on the market today. You will get enticed by many and trust me if you want one, it will be challenging to choose.
I went through similar confusion at first when I was a beginner and promised myself once I had mastered the art, I would help others like you to have an easy time choosing. A circular cordless saw is perfect for cutting straight, clean and precise.
Even though we tend to differ on the purposes of these tools but when it comes to cutting timber, partitioning sheet materials there’s the best saw for that. You won’t believe how fast and easy it is to work with them.
It’s true that a cordless saw cannot stand up to the runtimes that can be achieved by the corded one. On the other hand, you still get to enjoy the portability and freedom from cords. As long as you equip it with a Lithium-ion battery, it will be more than enough for you to work on lighter projects wherever you want. When choosing a portable circular saw ensure you have the 18v Lithium-Ion, a spare battery, and a charger.
The ability of the saw to perform exemplary for a long time is important. Although the amount of power the Saw’s motor can deliver depending on the type of material it is put to cut such as hardwood, softwood or cardboard sheets. The cordless circular saw with a higher torque strength will deliver more power and extended run time. I suggest you choose a battery that can save more and last longer.
The circular saws have smaller weights, extremely portable and they perform incredibly well. Saw size should also be on your list of considerations because I am sure you are trying to escape situations whereby your project is still far fork completion yet you are tired of carrying the saw. Different brands have different sizes. So pick one that suits you the best. Also, saw’s sizes differ regarding their purposes. You will find that the saw meant for hardwood is heavier than that of softwood.
The ability to which your saw cuts depth-wise depends solely on the size of the blade. Most circular saws have a standard size of the blade so the only part you will have to be careful with is the type of blade. This is the factor that will enable you to get most of your work done in the best way possible.
I like tools that have extra features. I don’t know about you. The small parts manufacturers add tools to enhance your working conditions count. For example, a handle wrapped with rubber for comfortable handling or a blower added to scatter sawdust so that your line of cutting stays clear. Again, it could be a LED light added to help see clearly in fewer lit areas. You should check such features they turn out handy most of the time.
Benefits Of Using The Portable Circular Saws
- They are safe from cord related accidents
- There are no cords to tether you, so it is easy to work from wherever you want
- You can let kids have an easy time taking part in your home projects while using the cordless saw but be careful with that.
- Portable saw occupies less storage space
- They are also quick and easy to move
I’ve tried to take you through a massive but comprehensive list of the best cordless circular saws. I hope you have found some useful tips on how to pick one for yourself and that you have one in mind.
As much as one saw could be great in everything there is always something that makes it different from others.
Every saw was built for certain tasks and needs if not so, we could only have one type saw in the whole world.
Well, that’s bad because our creativity would be limited. Makes sure the one you choose is the best which will conquer all your needs.