Top 10 Best Laser Levels Reviews in 2018 – Your Expert Guide
In modern industries, homes, surveying, construction works and other places, a laser level is a remarkably vital tool for carrying out projects and tasks efficiently and accurately. A laser level is a control tool that comes with a laser beam projector normally pinned to a tripod stand, levered based on precision needed, by projecting red or green beams against surfaces. The best laser levels can project beams on vertical and horizontal lines onto a surface that they are placed against, thanks to its built-in spirit level for dependable accuracy.
As a high-tech industrialist or home owner, correct your eyeballing through leveling the whole task using your laser lever to the right angle, thanks to incredible modern levels with extra features.
But, how do you end up understanding various types of lasers out there and choose the right one for the job? It doesn’t need to be an uphill task anymore.
After an in-depth research, these not only emerged as the top incredible best budget laser levers any enthusiast can look up to but also find durable with amicable precision at all times.
- 10 Best Laser Levels in 2018 Comprehensively Reviewed Below:
- 1. Bosch GLL 55 Self-Leveling Cross-Line Laser
- 2. Bosch GLL 3-80 3 Plane Leveling Alignment Laser with BM1 Positioning Device
- 3. DEWALT DW088K Self-Leveling Cross Line Laser
- 4. DEWALT DW089K Self-Leveling 3-Beam Line Laser
- 5. Bosch GRL300HV Self Leveling Rotating Laser
- 6. STANLEY STHT77341 Cross90 Cross Line Laser
- 7. DEWALT DW088LG 12V Cross Line Laser
- 8. DEWALT DW083K 3-Beam Laser Pointer
- 9. Bosch GCL 25 Self Leveling 5-Point Alignment Laser with Cross-Line and L-BOXX Storage Case
- 10. Bosch GRL300HVCK Self-Leveling Rotary Laser with Layout Beam Complete Kit with Receiver
- 11. Bosch GLL 30 Self Leveling Cross Line Laser
- How to Choose the Best Laser Levels?
10 Best Laser Levels in 2018 Comprehensively Reviewed Below:
1. Bosch GLL 55 Self-Leveling Cross-Line Laser
Boasting incredible performance in vertical, horizontal and cross-line modes, the Bosch GLL 55 Self-Leveling Cross-Line is one of the best laser levels that embrace Visimax technology for outstanding line visibility.
Are you a professional keen on plumbing your wall accurately? Use this laser lever to achieve either two lines of beams independently or together projected for smart alignment and leveling.
Thanks to the Visimax technology, the laser lever can monitor its temperature to ensure the diodes are being driven to the optimum line brightness, as they stay protected from overheating.
I love the fact that you can be able to see the lineup to 50 ft. in a remarkable accuracy of ±1/8-inch at 33 ft.
Just in case you go out of lever, the smart Bosch pendulum system will indicate the out-of-level condition for you to aim back in line and achieve accuracy.
Enjoy a strong magnetic field you can attach to the steel studs and a freestanding mode able to be retracted, thanks to a built-in magnetic L mount.
Amazingly, you can be able to lock the pendulum once the laser is switched off for safe portability around your workstation.
This is one of the efficient best laser levels that come with a magnetic mounting bracket, AA batteries and a hard carrying case to protect your laser lever from physical damage and dust especially when in storage.
- Visimax technology provides maximum visibility in standard working situations
- Has a secure laser carriage after switch-off and pendulum is locked
- Easy-to-use laser setup modes for vertical, horizontal and cross lines projections
- Smart pendulum system for self-leveling and indication of out-of-level condition
- Strong magnets to attach to steel
- Not suitable to use with can lights on
2. Bosch GLL 3-80 3 Plane Leveling Alignment Laser with BM1 Positioning Device
Interested in a portable 5-pound laser with an impressive 90-degree horizontal and vertical projection? Count on this laser lever for red laser layout lines and self-levelling of high precision.
In case you aren’t accurate, it’s smart lever pendulum system will be able to indicate the out-of-lever condition through its self-levelling technology.
When you switch-off the manual mode, this laser lever can protect the pendulum courtesy of its secure transport lock. Remarkably, you can be able to use its lock lines at any angle.
Additionally, carry out a projection on a 360-degree horizontal plane and a two 360-degree vertical plane for the most precise leveling and alignment in your applications of interest.
As an ardent professional, demanding versatility, expect to find it convenient under bright light conditions to engage this laser lever with its LR2 receiver effortlessly for up to 265 feet, thanks to its Pulse laser receiver mode.
- Comes with pulse laser receiver mode for use using laser receiver for long distances in bright conditions
- It’s a class IIa laser product with ≤1mW power output
- Comes with a pair of laser view enhancing glasses, BM 1 positioning device, and soft pouch
- Has carrying case for safe storage
- Comes with three independent 360° planes
- Embraces unparalleled accuracy
- Easy and safe to use
- Not a great piece after regular repairs
3. DEWALT DW088K Self-Leveling Cross Line Laser
Are you in need of consistent productivity upgrade? Well, then the DEWALT DW088K Self-Leveling Cross Line Laser is just exactly what you require.
This laser lever is perfected to project bright horizontal and vertical lines with one of the finest accuracies within 1/8 of an inch at an appropriate 30 feet.
Whether you are a professional in commercial or residential application projects like floor installation or wall tile fixing, you can never go wrong with this laser lever.
If you would want to maintain maximum brightness for clear visibility as you adjust the working range of the laser up to 165 feet, you will find it convenient, thanks to its full-time pulse mode.
Keen on saving long-run costs? Then you have the right laser lever that is durable for body construction and an over-modeled housing. It is water or debris resistant too, courtesy of its IP54.
Enjoy one of the most reliable mountings on metal surfaces this laser brings to you, given the fact that it has a smartly built-in magnetic pivoting base and a ¼-inch thread easy to handle.
Never has any standard design provided an impressive convenience like this laser does with its buttons situated on its side control panel for 3-beam effortless operation.
Apart from that, expect to have it a hard-sided kit box to enable you to store it safely for long term use and effortless portability.
This is why this is one of the best laser levels that you can’t wait to use in your applications.
- Comes with self-leveling cross lines
- Has a 165-foot range detector
- Engages on a 1/8-inch accuracy
- Able to project cross horizontal and vertical lines accurately
- Has full-time pulse mode for use with detector
- Embraces over-molded housing and an IP54 for water or debris resistance
- Doesn’t produce ‘plumb’ dots on floor and ceiling if they are of your interest
4. DEWALT DW089K Self-Leveling 3-Beam Line Laser
Looking forward to doing your chair rails, drop ceilings, cabinet fixing, doors and windows installations?
All you need is this remarkable laser lever for many other applications. The DEWALT DW089K tops in the list of the best laser levels, courtesy of its remarkable functionality.
It boasts a second plumb line able to form at the 90-degree intersecting line on the floor and ceiling.
Its third vertical beam will allow you to layout applications without a second laser, saving your precious time and achieve higher productivity.
Go for your commercial or residential tasks depending on this lever’s track clearance of over 1-3/4 inches, without having to get extra accessories to raise your laser over drywall track.
This is because you can entirely depend on its convenient accuracy just right within 1/8 of an inch at 30 feet.
Additionally, count on its micro adjust knob to do alignment easily beside being able to metal roll cage to increase its durability and adjust 90-degree layout lines in small dimensions changes.
Go a notch higher than many other regular laser levers out there with the DEWALT DW089K for acoustical ceiling fitting effortlessly, thanks to its integrated pivot bracket and universal wall mount.
You can never get disappointed by this household laser lever since you will be thrilled this laser’s capability to go two-times brighter than other peers for enhanced precision.
- Has buttons on its side control panel for 3-beam operation
- Comes with a hard-sided kit box for storage and easy portability
- Adopts three beams for a 90-degree layout
- Has a 165-foot range plus its detector
- Boasts an accuracy of 1/8-Inch
- Double brightness for clear visibility in bright workstations
- Beams can’t be locked to do the layout on an angle.
5. Bosch GRL300HV Self Leveling Rotating Laser
Become a fervent professional in your projects while using the Bosch GRL300HV Self Leveling Rotating Laser, courtesy of its prowess in quick horizontal and vertical self-leveling precision including for long distances.
You intend to engage a laser that is easy-to-use? Find this laser lever user-friendly since all you need is a remote control for its operation.
You can literary combine its functionality and ease of use in whichever task to increase productivity faster than standard designs.
Whether you are a professional contractor or a specialist in interior décor, you need this laser to provide you with a 90-degree plumb plus a layout line perfected for impressive squaring.
- Comes with 1/8-inch accuracy at up to 100 feet
- Convenient self-leveling on horizontal and vertical beams
- Smart laser technology for adjusting laser luminosity on rotation
- Comes with a full-function pocket-sized remote control
- Sturdy construction for longevity
- Reliable, user-friendly and bright
- Usable in multiple applications
- Has class IIIa laser product, <5mW power output
- Doesn’t come with receiver, stick or tripod
6. STANLEY STHT77341 Cross90 Cross Line Laser
Transform your experience in leveling with this laser, given the fact that, you are likely to find this best laser level for builders with high precision on projection, impressive for top-class results, thanks to its smart modern craft.
Able to project horizontal and vertical lines onto surfaces, find it a great companion in leveling and alignment details as you upgrade in all your applications.
Expect to enjoy its 90-degree vertical line for an extra reference in your duties.
Bring to an end all frustrations you have had with standard designs by counting on the laser’s Quick link bracket for mounting to multiple slots plus it’s versatile 1/4″ thread that comes with clamps.
Step-up you experience using this laser lever by utilizing its accuracy in performance to support most DIY and workmanship applications.
- Has a locking pendulum to prevent damage to its internal components
- Comes with over-molded gripping for comfortable handling and control
- Embraces Class 1 laser product, Power output ≤ 1mW.
- Has a quick link bracket and mounting system
- Self-levelling cross lines for bright horizontal and vertical lines
- Doesn’t come with a carrying bag
7. DEWALT DW088LG 12V Cross Line Laser
Find this laser lever not only impressively portable at 8.7 pounds but also able to last long saving you replacement costs, thanks to its over-molded housing and locking pendulum to prevent internal component damage.
Rechargeable by a 12V lithium-ion battery, it provides amicable solutions to your powering needs.
It comes as self-leveling cross lines can project bright crossing horizontal and vertical lines for your diverse leveling and layout applications.
Could you be interested in mounting convenience of your laser lever? The DEWALT DW088LG 12V Cross Line Laser is a remarkable model designed for integrated, user-friendly magnetic mounting.
It’s dedicated mounting bracket has rear mounted magnets to enable you to carry out flush attachment to either a metal track or steel very without difficulty.
To engage your detector, you have the option to utilize its full-time pulse mode. For emphasized water or debris resistance, it has a built-in IP65.
- Self-leveling cross lines for horizontal and vertical projection
- Has Green beam technology four times brighter than red.
- Comes with an integrated bracket for flush attachment to metal and steel track
- Accompanied by enhancement glasses and target card
- It’s a class 2 laser product, Power output ≤ 1.5mW.
- Built with over-molded housing for longevity
- Has IP65 for water and debris resistance
- In case battery is low, the laser might not deliver as expected
8. DEWALT DW083K 3-Beam Laser Pointer
Go for cutting-edge self-leveling with heightened accuracy that the DEWALT DW083K 3-Beam Laser Pointer is built to perfection.
This best laser level is easily possible within 1/4 of an inch at 100 feet.
Keen on laser point features? This laser lever brings you a power lock system embracing a single lever on and off switch.
Incredibly, locking the pendulum in the off position has been emphasized for its long-lasting effect.
Unlike its peers out there, you will never go wrong if you go for this unit for reliable benefits in mounting it onto metal surfaces, thanks to its built-in magnetic brackets.
This is further complemented by an integrated track clearance to help you quickly and accurate bottom and top track installation process.
For more improved accuracy and visibility including indoor visibility range of 100 feet, its focused laser beam maintains a dot size small perfected for long distances.
Count on its over-molded housing to help you maintain the most dependable standardization especially for tough job site applications.
- Unit kit includes a handy kit box and 4 AA batteries
- Comes with 3-beams convenience
- Holds visibility range of 100 feet
- Its single lever power switch locks pendulum in the position
- Built-in magnetic pivoting bracket you can easily mount on metal surfaces
- Not a great choice for striping lines
9. Bosch GCL 25 Self Leveling 5-Point Alignment Laser with Cross-Line and L-BOXX Storage Case
This laser lever is a favorite among electricians, framers, installers, plumbers and many other professionals, thanks to the versatility it brings you.
Additionally, you will be delighted by the fact that it’s 5-points plus cross-line functionality is engineered for excellent alignment, squaring, points transfer hands-free as you handle your layout.
We all love flexible laser levels, and this is why the design is not only a multipurpose laser to deal with various jobs at hand but also dedicated to helping you perform manual mode lock lines for any angle.
Save yourself possible extra expenses by going for this model with a simple switch button embracing three levels.
The three different levels include when the laser is on and in a self-leveling mode, when the laser is on but the self-leveling is off and lastly when the laser is completely off.
This is why the laser lever is an incredible choice suited for your convenience just like no other.
- Pendulum levering system indicates out-of-level condition
- Has easy-to-use button for comfortable operation
- Laser accuracy within 1/8 inch at 30 feet
- Easy switching between point and line laser function
- Ergonomic design for comfortable and solid gripping
- Effortless to set up
- Class II laser product, <1mW power output
- Laser doesn’t have to be calibrated but auto adjusted
10. Bosch GRL300HVCK Self-Leveling Rotary Laser with Layout Beam Complete Kit with Receiver
Boasting as a global leader in measuring technology, Bosch’s innovation and advanced engineering provides this laser’s quality and durability plus outstanding extra features.
Enjoy the full selection of your beam on enhanced visibility in all light conditions as you go for variable speed selection while doing your projects with ease.
Besides this, expect to utilize its excellent variable scanning of angles on a 90-degree plumb and layout beam of your interest.
I love the fact that the Bosch GRL300HVCK is keen to provide you a protected cage for head assembly, meaning you can easily access fast the hand position of the laser beam from a familiar point, thanks to its easy to grip carrying handles.
- Suitable for quick horizontal and vertical self-leveling
- Class IIa laser product, <5mW power output
- Easy to grip
- Long lasting body construction
- Doesn’t measure distance
11. Bosch GLL 30 Self Leveling Cross Line Laser
Lastly, if you require a laser lever able to strike a balance between versatility and convenience, the Bosch GLL 30 Self Leveling Cross Line Laser is your top option.
Be assured of the capability to make cross-line projections especially for a wide ray of level as you align your projects perfectly.
Find this inexpensive laser more valuable than a typical laser, thanks to its ability to achieve a high level of accuracy.
Its one-switch operation makes it easy to operate it quickly as anticipated. Be able to enjoy visibility of this laser for up to 30ft without any much strain.
Are you that professional that want the extra from your laser level for home building? Just in case you get out-of-level, expect this laser lever through its smart pendulum system to indicate it for you to get back in line.
This is a great choice to lock the lines at any angle of your choice. For the maximized security of this laser when carrying it around, its pendulum system comes with the ability to lock it when switched off.
- Provides flexible micro fine height adjustment
- Designed for efficient leveling and fine positioning
- Able to self-level and indicate out -of -level condition for adjustment
- Has one-switch operation for easy setup
- Ergonomic design for easy grip and lasting effect
- Has pendulum that locks when switched off
- Doesn’t have an option to measure distance
How to Choose the Best Laser Levels?
Seasoned contractors, engineers, framers, plumbers and so many other professionals can’t afford consistent mistakes with a lackluster lever.
This is why you need to identify key features your laser lever should have to get the most out of it. Ensure you get one of the best laser levels designed for your specific tasks to increase productivity. Pay attention to these features to close in on the best laser levels that will live up to your expectations.
Type Of Laser Lever
Looking forward to doing outdoor applications? How about you try a line or rotary laser? This is because they come with a pulse or detector feature to enable you to do measurements over long distances.
If you look forward to doing indoor measurements, opt for an indoor laser level like a multiple line laser. Be keen on those with visible beam level you can easily engage without an electronic receiver.
Range Of Laser
Most laser levels are usually expressed in diameter of its laser beam; thus, ensure its radius provides you the right information matched to your applications on how far the beam can go.
Ensure your laser level can assist you to do accurate framing without much of the strain in the long run. Find a laser level that will prevent expensive callbacks and improve your tasks.
- Consider a laser that has a wide variety of features like a long distance receiver, tripod and much more.
- Opt for one that is more flexible when it comes to rotation, targeting specific locations and projects lines on your applications
- The Benefits of Using Best Laser Levels
- Provides accuracy in measuring distances between objects
- Suitable for any professional including even a homeowner and much more
- Combines several functions into one unit for your applications
- More accurate, easy to use and achieve quickly more productivity
You don’t need to end up with a slanted foundation installed in your building since the best laser level for builders can provide you the accuracy you need in plumbing your walls, vertical pipelines and much more.
Save your dollars with this remarkable and inexpensive laser levels for reliable accuracy. Your best laser for builder should be able to increase the quality of your workmanship to the next level.
Incredible investment on your laser level should bring you a tool with a body construction to keep off dust, water and give you the convenience of drop protection.
I recommend the Bosch GRL300HVCK Self-Leveling Rotary Laser with Layout Beam Complete Kit with Receiver and Bosch GLL 30 Self Leveling Cross Line Laser since they are incredible options thanks to their efficiency and easy-to-use features.
Whichever best laser level for home building or any other type you engage, you can be wrong with any of these top-class household brands, favorites among the fervent. They are remarkable and worth your investment with no disappointments in the long run.